Col Christina M. Lock is the 151st Mission Support Group Commander, 151st Air Refueling Wing, Roland R. Wright Air National Guard Base, Salt Lake City, Utah. She provides command leadership to four Air Mobility Command Squadrons, one Flight, and one Air Combat Command Squadron.
Col Lock began her career as an enlisted member of the Utah Air National Guard in March 1988. Twelve years later she earned her commission through the Air National Guard’s Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn. Col Lock earned her Master of Business Degree from University of Phoenix. Col Lock was the recipient of the Company Grade Officer of the Year by the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce in June 2009.
Col Lock has served in a variety of command and supervisory positions at Roland R. Wright Air Base to include; Management and Systems Officer, Chief of Supply, Operations Officer, Installation Deployment Officer, Logistics Management Officer, Deputy J-4 on the Utah Air National Guard Joint Staff; and Force Support Officer. Col Lock served as the Operations Officer and Deputy Commander in the 85th Civil Support Team from July 2011 to February 2014. She assumed command of the Logistics Readiness Squadron on Feb. 9, 2014. In September 2017, Col Lock was selected to fill a critical position on a one-year tour in Stuttgart, Germany, as the United States Air Forces Europe (USAFE) Liaison Officer to the European Command in the mobility strategy cell. She has participated in several deployments over the years to include locations in Italy, Spain, Turkey, France, Guam, Afghanistan and Iraq in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, and the Global War on Terrorism. Prior to her current position, Col Lock was the Deputy Inspector General for Air, Joint Forces Headquarters, Roland R. Wright Air National Guard Base.
1998 United States Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Columbia College, Mo.
2000 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
2002 Supply Operations Officer Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2003 Logistics Readiness Officer Course, Logistics Plans & Transportation, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 USAF Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Intermediate Logistics Readiness Officer Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2010 Force Support Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2011 Civil Support Skills Course, Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
2013 Master of Business, Business Administration and Management, University of Phoenix, Ariz.
2014 Civil Support Team Pre-Command Course, Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1.April 1988–June 1988, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. June 1988–July 1988, Student, Technical Training School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. October 2000–November 2002, Management and System Officer, 151st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Roland R. Wright Air Base, Salt Lake City, Utah
4. November 2002–May 2009, Logistics Readiness Officer, 151st LRS, Roland R. Wright AB, Salt Lake City, Utah (May 2008–December 2018, Deputy J4 Director, Combined Joint Special Operations Air Component, Joint Base Balad, Iraq)
5. May 2009–July 2011, Force Support Staff, Joint Force Headquarters, Roland R. Wright AB, Salt Lake City, Utah
6. July 2011–August 2013, Operations Officer, 85th Civil Support Team, North Salt Lake Armory, Salt Lake City, Utah
7. August 2013–February 2014, Deputy Commander, 85th Civil Support Team, North Salt Lake Armory, Salt Lake City, Utah
8. February 2014–October 2016, Commander, 151st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Roland R. Wright AB, Salt Lake City, Utah
9. October 2016–October 2017, U.S. Air Force Europe Liaison Officer to European Command, Stuttgart, Germany
10. October 2017–June 2018, Deputy Inspection General For Air, Joint Forces Headquarters, Roland R. Wright AB, Salt Lake City, Utah
11. June 2018–Present, Commander, 151st Mission Support Group, Roland R. Wright AB, Salt Lake City, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf cluster Army Achievement Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Guard Association of the United States
National Guard Association of Utah
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant October 27, 2000
First Lieutenant October 27, 2002
Captain November 21, 2004
Major December 6, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel October 15, 2015
Colonel July 31, 2019
(Current as of January 2020)