Colonel Carissa L. Christensen is the commander of the 151st Medical Group, Roland R. Wright Air Guard Base, Utah. She is responsible for the command of the 151 MDG Clinic Support and the 151 MDG Det 1 Operations.
Col Christensen entered the Air Force in December 2003 as a commissioned officer in the Biomedical Science Corps. She completed Public Health Officer training in June 2004 and began her first assignment as a Public Health Officer at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina. In 2007, she joined the Air Force Reserves and served as the Public Health Officer for the 446th Aeromedical Dental Squadron at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. In 2011, Col Christensen transitioned to the Utah Air National Guard where she worked in Preventive Medicine for the Utah Homeland Response Force. In 2016, Col Christensen completed a 12 month assignment in Washington D.C. at the Defense Intelligence Agency where she specialized in medical intelligence and received a Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence from the National Intelligence University. Col Christensen has taken part in multiple humanitarian medical missions to Morocco as part of the State Partnership Program, and recently served as the Lead Planner and Vice Commander for the 2021 African Lion Humanitarian Mission in Tafraroute, Morocco.
Col Christensen has served as the Director of Nutrition Care Services for an Academic Medical Center in Utah for the past three years, and has more than 20 years of experience as a Registered Dietitian. Prior to her current position, Col Christensen was a Public Health Officer for the 151st Medical Group, Roland R. Wright Air Guard Base, Utah.
1997 Bachelor of Science, Human Nutrition, University of Alabama
1999 Registered Dietitian Internship, Andrews University
2002 Master of Public Health, UCLA
2005 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Master of Science, Strategic Intelligence, National Intelligence University
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
- Dec 2003 - May 2005, Public Health Officer in Charge, 4th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
- May 2005 – May 2006, Executive Officer, 4th Medical Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
- May 2006 – July 2007, Public Health Officer in Charge, 4th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Seymour AFB, N.C.
- July 2007 – February 2011, Public Health Officer in Charge, 446th Aeromedical Dental Squadron, Joint Base Lewis McChord, Tacoma, Wash.
- February 2011 – September 2014, Public Health Officer, 151st MDG CERFP, Roland R Wright ANG Base, Salt Lake City, Utah
- September 2014 – August 2015, Wing Executive Officer, 151st Air Refueling Wing, Roland R Wright ANG Base, Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 2015 – August 2016, Professional Military Education Student, National Intelligence University, Washington D.C.
- August 2016-August 2021, Public Health Officer, 151st Medical Group, Roland R Wright ANG, Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 2021 – Present, Commander, 151st Medical Group, Roland R. Wright ANG Base, Salt Lake City, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal two oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant, January 12, 2004
Captain, January 12, 2006
Major, March 30, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel, April 8, 2017
Colonel, July 27, 2021
(Current as of August 2021)