Select "Edit Content" from the Ed
The mission of the 151st ARW Public Affairs Office is to provide first-class internal information, media relations, and community relations to the wing and base populace. The goal of the 151 ARW/PA Office is to provide trusted counsel to wing and base leadership, keep Airmen and families informed with accurate information while publicizing to the American public the Utah Air National Guard's mission, resources and people.
All media contacts should be immediately referred to the 151st ARW/PA Office. It is the responsibility of the Public Affairs Office to coordinate all media interviews, media queries and media access to the base.
Please direct all media calls to (801) 245-2258 during normal duty hours. If you have an urgent media query after normal duty hours, contact the command post at (801) 245-2417 and ask to have the Wing Public Affairs Officer/Superintendent return your call.
Download our Public Affairs Services Flyer for future use: 151 ARW/ PA Services Flyer
The 151st ARW/PA supports the wing commander and base leadership by maintaining effective avenues of communication with the base community, consisting of actively service and retired Airmen, their family members, and government and contracted employees. The PA office provides photo, video and written support to members of the 151st ARW. For more information on PA services, call (801) 245-2258.
The 151st ARW website (www.151arw.ang.af.mil) is the official online publication for members of the Utah Air National Guard's 151st Air Refueling Wing. News and editorial content are provided by the Public Affairs Office, as well as wing and tenant units.
Studio photography is by appointment only for official use as required by AFI. Examples include squadron-level and above chain of command boards (commander, deputy/vice commander, command chief, first sergeant, etc.), special duty assignment photos, and promotion or awards packages where a photo is required.
Photo studio appointments are scheduled online, at https://151arw.setmore.com/
Chain of command photo prints will be provided for leadership and the squadron level and above (i.e. commander, deputy/vice commander, command chief and first sergeants, etc.) and other identifiable positions such as SARC, JAG, ADC, etc. where visual identification is required.
Group photos: Units at the squadron level and above are authorized one group photo annually, or when there is a change of leadership.
On-location photo support is available for commander/director awareness programs, coverage of unit/organizational missions and training, and some official ceremonies.
- Changes of command are limited to group- and wing-level only.
- Support for promotion ceremonies and retirements is limited to O-6/E-9 and above.
- We DO NOT support group photos, non-official government functions (i.e. socials, promotion parties, etc.) or photos/graphics for the purpose of gifts/mementos.
Self-help cameras are available for checkout upon request to support these and other functions when a photographer is unavailable. Members can check out camera equipment and will receive basic training for camera usage. ALL PHOTOS/VIDEOS need to be given and approved by PA prior to any release.
Passport & ISO Prep
The studio is open for official only passport and ISO Prep, but also need to be scheduled on the appointment site. Photos must be taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis. You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire. Collared shirts will be provided if member doesn’t have proper passport attire.
Requests for Public Affairs support can be accomplished in a variety of ways:
For projects that you would like the 151st ARW Public Affairs involved with please fill out our online Work Order
For routine PA support, download the AF Form 833, complete all boxes, and digitally sign the form. Email forms to email@example.com
The objective of community relations is to increase public awareness and understanding of the Air Force and the Utah ANG's mission. We support surrounding communities in all aspects, ranging from tour requests, ESGR flights, to providing speakers for outside events. Our goal is to foster positive relations with the surrounding communities. Participation in community events by Air Force people is desirable and highly encouraged. The role of the Community Relations Manager falls under the Wing Executive Officer, and can be reached at (801) 245-2446.
Request a flyover or static display aircraft:
The 151st Air Refueling Wing strongly supports the communities in Utah. As part of our commitment to be a great neighbor, we often showcase our KC-135R Stratotanker aircraft at various events such as airshows, patriotic observances and some collegiate sporting events.
To determine whether your event is eligible for support, go to www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil.
Here is how you request support for your upcoming event
1. Go to the Air Force Aerial Events website
2. Click on the Red "New Requests" button at the top of the page.
3. Create a New Request and complete the application in its entirety.
4. Once you have completed the application, print off the completed DD Form 2535
5. Print (or save) the completed DD Form 2535 and fax to the local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO). The contact information for the office in your area can be found online
. The FAA will then forward the completed form to DoD. In the event the form is returned to you from the FAA, please e-mail it to USAFAerialEvents@mail.mil
. (Not required for static displays only.)
6. You may check the status of your request online at Air Force Aerial Events website
7. You will get an e-mail if/when your event is approved.
8. Contact Public Affairs
with your approval number so we can look at supporting it locally.
STUDIO INFO & SAFETY MEASURES DUE TO COVID-19
The 151st ARW Public Affairs Photo Studio provides official head and shoulders and full-length portraits. We are located in building 210 in the backside of the Comm Office. Customers can park and enter through the doors on the east side of the building.
- Face coverings/masks: Face masks are no longer required but optional.
- Hand washing/sanitizer: Since the exchange of paperwork and photo prints may be required during your visit, a "no-touch" protocol can't be always be established. Customers are being asked to wash their hands and/or use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Social distancing: Due to the possibility of more than one customers visiting our building at the same time, we are encouraging you to practice social distancing while waiting in our lobby area.
- Cleaning/disinfecting: High-touch surface areas and equipment are being wiped down in between customer visits.
- Feeling sick?: If you are sick or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 5 days of your appointment, please contact us to reschedule it.
If you have any questions, please call 801-245-2258 or email UtahAirGuard@gmail.com. Thank you for your patience and support as we focus on preserving force readiness while serving you!
it (Pencil Icon) Action Menu.